Sunday, 28 September 2014

Week 32

Week 32 pregnant belly side view

Week 32 pregnant belly side viewWeek 32 pregnant belly front view

Just remembered I'm now 7 months along, so here's my belly comparison with my first pregnancy - huge difference in my belly! 2 years ago on the left, current on the right. I thank my Tubigrip for the improved shape this time round. I do feel rather 'stretched' in the tummy when i take it off for my shower - it's actually a relief to put it back on.


STATS:

How far along: 32 weeks.

How big is baby: a large jicama (had to look this one up, it's a Mexican yam. We don't get these in Australia to my knowledge).

What is baby doing this week: Your baby now weighs about 1.7kg and is around 42cm long from head to toe. Although his lungs won't be fully developed until just before birth, your little one is busy inhaling amniotic fluid to exercise his lungs. From 32 weeks, babies born early have good chance of surviving and thriving. His skin is becoming soft and smooth as he plumps up in preparation for birth.

Some babies have a head of hair already, others have only a few wisps. Thick hair at birth doesn't necessarily mean thick hair later on. But children with fine hair in childhood also tend to have fine hair when they've grown up.

If your baby is a boy, his testicles should have descended from his abdomen into his scrotum. Sometimes, however, one or both testicles won't move into position until after birth. In two thirds of all baby boys who have undescended testicles at birth, the condition corrects itself by their first birthday.

You're probably gaining 450g a week, largely because your baby is likely to gain more than half his birthweight during the seven weeks before birth. Make sure you are eating well in these last few weeks.

http://www.babycentre.co.uk/32-weeks-pregnant

Total weight gain: 56.3kg, 900g more than last week and 9.5kg since the start of pregnancy. Ouch.

Maternity clothes: Pretty much all maternity or very stretchy clothes, although my stretchy shirts are getting too short.

Sleep: Bedtimes have been fairly good this week. Hubby is away so i'm doing all the toddler wrangling myself, and it's exhausting. I'm surprised at how tired i am, as i usually do most of the watching myself anyway, but hubby does take him out for a few hours by themselves each weekend and that obviously really helps.

Best moment of the week: 

Food cravings/aversions: None.

Symptoms: 

Nausea: None.

Fatigue: Taking Ferro Grad-C every weekday. Very tired though trying to keep up with an energetic toddler without letting the house fall into a complete shambles.

Other: 

Movement: I think he's head down, because the strong movements are up in my ribs. I can now feel sweeping and pushing movements down low, i think my placenta has moved up far enough for me to feel his hands. He's still able to flip easily, i think he was breech on Wednesday as the movements were strongest down low, and he then moved to transverse after an hour and a half spent in the car. I laid on the floor at work and felt around to see if i could figure out which end was the head (the other end kicks!) and tried to encourage his head downwards with one hand. Then i did my dip the hip exercise and did several laps around our pods. A little while after that the kicks were back up in my ribs :) It also felt like he'd changed to have his back on the left (a more ideal starting position in labour). He stayed there for a day and a half, but turned his back to the right again after the second night.

This is just me guessing though, mostly from his movements. I'm not skilled enough to really palpate properly. Will find out for sure on Monday at my midwife appointment.

Gender: Boy.

What i'm looking forward to: Hubby's return.

What i miss: My energy! I'm taking iron tablets so i don't think i am anaemic any longer, but i'm tired trying to take care of a toddler, eat dinner and do the cleaning in the five hours i have after i get home from work.

Next appt: 29 September.

What else i've done this week: