Tuesday, 22 July 2014

Week 22

Week 22 pregnant belly side view

Week 22 pregnant belly side viewWeek 22 pregnant belly front view

Comparison of my 5 month pregnant belly in my first pregnancy (on the left) and my second (on the right).
And my belly progression from weeks 19 through 22. Filling out below the navel!

STATS:

How far along: 22 weeks.

How big is baby: a spaghetti squash.

What is baby doing this week: Your baby now weighs almost 430g, measures about 28cm long from crown to heel. Your baby's legs aren't curled up so tightly to her tummy now. This means she can be measured from the top of her head to her heels, instead of her bottom. She is proportioned like a newborn, albeit a thinner version since her baby fat hasn't yet developed.

Although she's getting heavier every day, her skin still appears wrinkled and translucent because she needs to gain more weight. Her lips are distinct and her eyes are formed, though the coloured part (the iris) still lacks pigment. The pancreas, essential in the production of hormones, is developing steadily.

Even this early, the first signs of teeth appear in the form of tooth buds beneath her gum line. Before you know it, your baby will be born, and soon after, her first teeth will come through.

You've probably gained between 5.5kg and 7kg. Starting now, you'll begin to put on weight more steadily, averaging about 225g per week. You may crave certain foods and you may notice an increased (but not bloody) vaginal discharge. Both are a normal part of being pregnant.

http://www.babycentre.co.uk/22-weeks-pregnant#ixzz381NUn68Z

Total weight gain: 51.9kg, a gain of 700g since last week and 5.1kg since the start of pregnancy. With babe #1 i gained 8kg by full term. I am hoping the weight gain slows a little or i'm headed for a lot more this time.

Maternity clothes: Maternity bras, maternity trousers, normal tshirts. Getting close to having to wear maternity shirts as my regular ones are starting to get a bit short in front.

Sleep: Still need to work on the usual getting to bed on time.

Best moment of the week: Hubby poking my belly and baby kicking back!

Food cravings/aversions: None.

Symptoms: 

Nausea: None.

Fatigue: Nope.

Other: None.

Movement: Active, mostly morning and evening. Getting rhythmic movement now that makes me think hiccups. Lots of kicks on the right hand side of my belly, below the level of my navel.

Gender: Boy.

What i'm looking forward to: a non-eventful second half of my pregnancy (fingers crossed)

What i miss:

Next appt: TBA.

What else i've done this week: I've seen several people for the first time this pregnancy, and they've all remarked on how small my belly is. I'm inclined to think it's all the Tubigrip, but comparing my photos from last time it's not much different. It was later on, about 30 weeks that i really started to poke out in front.