Thursday, 22 September 2011

Pop!

Not my tummy (although that's looking pretty round these days), but my first feeling of a kick from the outside at 16 weeks and 1 day. It's the weirdest feeling! I was sitting reading forum posts on my laptop when i noticed that bub had been quite active for a while, so i put my hand over where it usually is on the right, and felt a pop right in the middle of my palm! I waited a little while and there was a harder kick to the edge of my hand. I think we have a little soccer player in there!

I've booked the 20 week ultrasound, hopefully as well as giving us reassurance that everything is developing as it should, bub will be in a good position to determine it's gender. Would be nice to say 'he' or 'she' rather than 'it'. The woman i spoke to on the phone told me to drink a litre and a half of water before the scan, finishing 45 minutes before the start time. Huh? I'll be 20 weeks, i'm pretty sure they won't need any water at all to be able to see it clearly as it's high enough now. Besides i only managed 750mL (plus a coffee) before the first ultrasound, and even then the sonographer took one look at my swollen lower belly, said 'We'll take a quick look then you can go let most of that water out so we can do the scan,' so i really don't think i'll need anything more than to make sure i'm hydrated.